It’s a great saying that, “ if you look the best, you feel the best, and you do the best”. Nowadays it is really very difficult to take care of your hair and scalp because of the busy schedules, job difficulties, dirt, dust and unhealthy diets we are following and these the reasons behind the hair loss. People are losing shine of the hair, there is slow hair growth, they have damaged hair and other problems because of these reasons. So here are some basic natural remedies for damaged hair to keep them strong, shiny and healthy.
DRY /DAMAGED HAIR:
They look dull, has split ends, breaks easily, this could be due to damage or just lack of oil production. The following are some ingredients that I trust and will aim to provide much-needed oil and moisturization to protect the hair and helps them get hair shine back. Mix and match depending on what you guys are available with and what matches your specific needs.
- Avocado- Avocado is one of nature’s greatest moisturizers. It is full of vitamins and nutrients, it has natural oils that give your hair the moisture it is lacking. You can use about half an avocado at a time with honey, olive oil, eggs, glycerin or gelatin.
- Olive Oil – This is being used for centuries as it contains all the moisturizing properties. You can mix it with banana, eggs, Avocado, etc.
- Eggs, Banana, Honey, Glycerin are some other trusted ingredients I prefer to cure the dry and damaged hair.
This type of hair looks very greasy, oily and is very sensitive as they attract dust particles very fast and easily. To resolve this problem, people with this kind of hair should avoid silicone named ingredient in their shampoos. There are many other natural remedies for damaged hair I prefer to get rid of oily hair which will not leave your hair dry and will leave your hair feeling fresh.
- Apple cider vinegar – sounds a bit weird, but it contains nutrients that make the hair stronger, shinier and generally more healthy and it also removes any residue from the cosmetic products which may be causing your hair to feel heavy and also gives your hair its bounce back. You can use it on its own or you can mix 4 tsp of vinegar in water and then apply it on the scalp. you can also mix it with other ingredients like strawberries, baking soda, yogurt, lemon juice.
- Strawberries – Strawberries are good at regulating oil production on the scalp and rinsing off any oil form from your hair, plus they contain vitamin C which is very essential for hair health. You may choose to mix it with any moisturizing ingredient such as Apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise to prevent over-drying. leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Baking soda, yogurt, lemon juice are some other ingredients for oily hair type.
As combination hair has both oily and damaging problems so here are some of my bullet points which will be giving the best combinations of ingredients to fix such issues.
- Yogurt- Probiotic, natural yogurt provides essential nutrients and moisture, including protein. Its easily combined with other ingredients such as Avocado, if you want extra moisture or strawberries if you need more oil regulation.
- Mayonnaise and strawberries -Mayonnaise provides moisture and nutrients to repair the dry areas of dry hair.
- Eggs and Apple cider vinegar, Baking soda and yogurt are some other remedies to cure the problems of combination skin.
P.S – To find what works for your hair and what doesn’t, try different combinations of ingredients that you think might work for your hair type. These are the natural remedies for damaged hair and will not harm the hair. Adjust the length of time to leave it on your hair (generally 10-20 minutes is fine ). Everybody’s hair is different so your ideal recipe will be unique too….
ENJOY YOUR HEALTHY, VOLUMINOUS, SHINY, CLEAN HAIR !!