Hair is what defines a person. Having long, shiny, beautiful and healthy hair care tips is what every woman wishes for. But, maintaining your hair and making sure it looks perfect can be a difficult task.
Nowadays due to busy work schedules, pollution, and improper diets, people are facing a lot of problems. Hair fall, dandruff, split ends, rough hair is the most commonly faced hair disorders. They say it’s happening because of their shampoo or conditioner but, it’s more than your shampoo…
The dream of having amazing hair isn’t impossible to achieve, and enjoy. You just need to practice the right things with dedication. Just follow these 10 amazing hair care tips to maintain healthy hair to achieve your long healthy hair dream…
Always Protect Your Hair:
Always try your best to protect your hair from sun, wind, and rain. Exposure of excessive sun, heat, dirt, pollution, etc can add to your already damaged hair. This can dry your scalp also and results in scalp infections, dirt builds up.
- Cover your hair with an umbrella or a hat.
- Your dupatta is also a great help.
Change Your Washing Routine If It’s Not Right:
If you wash your hair every single day, it will really dry your hair up to a great extent as you are washing away the oils your scalp produces to keep the scalp and the hair healthy. Washing your hair daily can also lead to oily hair since the oil glands become overactive. You must try this routine instead:
- Wash your hair three to four times a week. The break between the washes restores the balance. Your hair will then become healthy as with this routine it also won’t wash away the essential oils.
- Do not use hot water to wash your hair. It can head to split ends and frizz. Rinsing off your shampoo and conditioner with cold water will seal the cuticles and results in shiny, bouncy and healthy hair.
Always Keep In Mind To Not Over Apply Heat:
Avoid using heat on your hair unless you have a special occasion on hand. Heat further takes the moisture from the hair and makes it dry and frizzy. When overused, it can also burn your hair.
- Use the blow dryer on cool setting.
- Always apply heat protectant before using heat styling devices.
Never Braid Your Hair Tightly During Bedtime:
Loosely braid your hair to avoid a frizzy mess during bedtime. Leaving open hair tends to create knots and then u need to brush it in the morning to sort the knots out. Over-brushing results in frizziness.
Your Scalp Needs Hair Oil Treatments:
It’s very important to restore your hair’s shine and softness. You should always apply oil to your shaft, roots twice a week. U can use it in the place of conditioner. Once every week, a deep conditioning treatment is a must for your hair to keep them healthy.
- Massage your hair with olive oil or almond hair.
- Leave it for 2 hours or overnight.
- Rinse it out with cold water and then shampoo and condition as normal.
Do Not Expose Your Hair:
Just like you protect your skin from the sun, cold temperatures and wind, you should also not expose your hair to these elements as well. If you don’t protect your hair then exposure to these elements will dry out your hair.
- Wear a scarf or a hat when you are under the sun.
- Don’t go out with wet hair especially in winters.
Try To Get Regular Haircuts:
The very important hair care tip for maintaining healthy hair is to trim them regularly. An ideal gap between the trimmings should be 6 weeks, not more than what else your ends will begin to split.
- Trim your hair every 6 weeks.
- It will help your hair and reduce the chances of hair breakage and split ends.
- It makes your hair healthy and full of life.
Get Enough Protein:
Protein is the building block of hair as hair is made up of keratinized protein. Not getting enough protein in your diet results in dry, frizzy and rough hair.
- Add chicken, fish, dairy products, eggs, etc high protein items to your diet.
- For vegetarians nuts, tofu, and legumes can help,
- Adding carbohydrates and iron products to your diet is also a very important hair care tip to maintain healthy hair.
Keep Grey Hair Hydrated:
Grey hair is often finer but more likely to break and get damaged easily. They look coarser because of the oil glands producing less sebum due to the age factor:
- Use hydrating and moisturizing conditioner.
- Add argan oil and jojoba oil to your routine to soften your hair and to reduce dullness.
- Blue-toned and purple-toned products also help in brightening grey hair.
As tension and stress disturb mental and physical health, it damages the skin and the hair as well. It causes hair loss and many other hair disorders. Follow these routine steps given below as they will help you de-stress your body and mind and also helps you get healthy hair:
- Exercise regularly.
- Follow a healthy high protein and iron-rich diet.
- Meditation works as a medicine for stress so, try to meditate.
- Improve your sleep cycle and get enough sleep.
These 10 amazing hair care tips to maintain healthy hair will help you get the desiring look of your hair. A proper hair care regime and minor changes to your routine results in long beautiful, healthy and shiny hair.